Our neurosurgeon, who performs the Epidural Stimulation Surgery, is a highly educated, experienced and caring professional with great expertise and technique. He is currently an Associate Professor and a Consultant Neurosurgeon.
Since graduating with First Class Honors as a Medical Doctor from Mahidol University, our neurosurgeon has acquired many outstanding certificates in his field and has kept up to date with members of his profession by participating in fellowships of functional neurosurgery and epilepsy surgery.
He specialises and has keen interest in Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery, Epilepsy Surgery, Pain Surgery, Spasticity Surgery, Peripheral Nerve Surgery, Restorative Neurosurgery and Neuromodulation, Psychosurgery as well as Surgery for Dystonia and Movement Disorders.
Moreover, our neurosurgeon has also, in his professional time, worked on remarkable publications and presentations. Some of his publications include:
- Overview and Outcomes of Movement Disorder Surgery
- The Neurological Treatment of Spasticity
- Improvement of sitting ability and ambulation status following selective peripheral neurotomy of the sciatic hamstring nerve together with obturator branches for severe spasticity of the lower extremities
- Surgical outcomes of microsurgical selective peripheral neurotomy for intractable limb spasticity
- Dystonia and peripheral nerve surgery in the cervical area
- Functional peripheral nerve surgery
- Spinal cord bypass surgery using peripheral nerve transfers to restore elbow flexion in a pediatric patient with central cervical cord syndrome
- The therapeutic effects of ablative neurosurgical procedures on spinal cord for intractable spinal spasticity
- Seizure outcomes and factors correlating with seizure freedom following supratentorial brain tumor surgery
- Excellent pain relief by using spinal cord stimulation after failed bilateral stereotactic anterior cingulotomy in a patient with intractable neuropathic pain of the lower extremities following surgery of Tarlov cyst
- Efficacy and factors determining the outcome of dorsal root entry zone lesioning procedure (DREZotomy) in the treatment of intractable pain syndrome
He is honorably among the best of the best. Our neurosurgeon is hardworking, diligent and customises his treatment according to every individual patient’s specific needs. He pays attention to what’s needed, provides as much information as required and discusses with the patients and their families through every step of the procedure, e.g. what he’s doing and/or what he’s about to do.
Under the medical care of our neurosurgeon, who is a very humble, down-to-earth professional and prefers to remain unnamed, you can be assured of getting the best there is.